Thread: Edward!!
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Ninnie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ducky
Originally Posted by Ninnie
He is such a doll! From 1 Dane owner to another can he come and play with Mortimer? LOL His couch looks like Mortimer's, same colors. Mortimer weighs about 150 now, so I'd say you have a big boy on your hands!! He will grow for another year! LOL
I have wanted a Gread Dane for as long as I can remember. I have always hestitated because someone told me, long ago, that they have fairly short life spans. Is that right? What about medical problems?

Our first Dane, Napoleon , lived to be 10, which is good for a Dane. We lost our second one to a motorcycle that came flying through here, Sebastian was chasing a squirrel across the yard and run in the street. DH was heartbroken . Mortimer is 1 1/2 now and is in good health. We never get our dogs from puppy farms, only from private people that we know. We have always gotten puppies because we raised them in our business and had to train them from pups where thely could and couldn't go. there is a Great Dane rescue here in NC and I would love to rescue one from there now. they are the most loving dog I have ever had and so easy going!

They are large, but very gentle and would do good in any size home!!!
They are not as large eaters as people think, at least ours haven't been.

What about Edward? Is he laid back and is he a big eater? I love those pictures of him.