Old 08-29-2011, 08:47 PM
lisamortell

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Lisa. so glad to see you back. You were missed (and so were your blocks!!!) Did you have a fun vaca??? Where did you go? What blocks are you working on now?
My vacation was both wonderful and sad at the same time. We went to Chicago with all three of our kids Ian-20, Chloe- 18 and Liam-13 to visit with my in-laws. My mother-in-law was told last January that she has ALS. This has been so devastating to everyone. We went to Chicago in January and I could not believe how much worse she has gotten between then and now. She now has a feeding tube because she cannot swallow or speak. The worst part is that is so withdrawn she would barely interact with any of us. She is so depressed and sad. We spent half our time with my husband’s parents and half the time doing all the things that we have all been wanting to do since the last time we were in Chicago.
We visited Bristol which is a big Renaissance fair and the kids and I dressed up in our costumes having lots of fun being dorks. We spent an entire day at the Art Institute of Chicago it is the most amazing art museum that I have ever been to my son and I were just in awe of everything. I was overwhelmed to see some of my favorite painting of all times. Including Mary Cassatt and, Renoir’s and some Japanese wood block prints done in the 1920’s. We spent another day at the Field Museum visiting our favorite dinosaurs. We toped of the trip going to see the Robert McCormack military museum, Mansion and gardens. It was absolutely amazing.
To top it off we eat so much great food and also were able to see some of my husband friends. Over all a very nice vacation I just wish my mother-in-law was not suffering so much.
I also missed all of you. I hope next week to be back to quilting I have so much to do at home and work to get caught up from being gone.