Old 06-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Eddie

Originally Posted by motomom
Originally Posted by Eddie
Being a man, I'm pretty much a lone quilter as a result. I checked into our local quilt guild which has a pretty large following. They meet monthly and their website newsletter indicates that they have about 70 members attend each meeting. But I was looking at the bylaws on their website and it says that the guild is open to women only and that men are prohibited from attending any functions. That's the reason my initial post here on this forum was to ask if men are allowed, I didn't want to step on any toes in case they weren't. Happily, we are! :)
Eddie, I just read this post, and I think this is so hilarious and stupid of a policy. You know, women were excluded from "men's clubs" for years (the local Sheriff's Posse horse-riding club still excludes women) and now the women are doing the same thing to you. Such a shame.

Some of my best friends have been men. As a matter of fact, one of my very best friends is a guy.

They are shooting themselves in the foot if they would restrict you from being a member. Your quilting skills are wonderful, if they only knew what they were missing, they would regret this policy. I'm sure some of the members would have a lot to learn from you.
Thank you, Motomom. You made me smile today. :)