View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 08:21 AM
Ghetohound

My grandson is a special needs child and I wanted to make some quilts for his classmates that ride the bus. Something small enough for them to have on their laps when they ride the bus so they will stay warm. In Michigan, we can have some sub-zero temps!

Since i'm new to quilting, I recruited my sister and niece who are also new to quilting to help me so we could have these ready by the end of September. We each have a boy and girl quilt to do. I chose Lance and Emily. My grandson Kayden seems to be really attached to both of them.

I had the teacher paint their hand and put the print on some fabric. It is the center piece of the quilt and I will embroider their name and the year on it.

This quilt is for "Lance". He is a seriously impaired child who LOVES dogs and smiles everytime he see's Kayden.

The second quilt (pink) is for Anaya, made by my niece Maryann. Anaya is a sweetie and this quilt is totally fitting of her personality.

The third quilt is for Jauann and made by my sister Linda. He is a very inquisitive child and will love all the bright colors on this quilt.

3 quilts down, 4 more to go! Thanks for looking!

Anaya Quilt 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]249004[/ATTACH]

Jauann
[ATTACH=CONFIG]249005[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-248987.jpe   attachment-248998.jpe   attachment-248999.jpe