View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 08:39 AM
charismah
Banned

:)

A gal in my bible study is getting rid of all her quilting supplies...and quilty items..she gave me a few gifts last night...these were with them.

The first quilt is a quilt top that is clearly divided in half..someone started it in 1931 ...which is dated by the newspaper foundation on crumbling from the back of the quilt..that portion is hand pieced..then someone must have decided to try to make a quilt from that original piece and machine sewed on three more strips of scraps...I don't know how long ago....I am thinking about finishing this quilt which will then force me to have to take the paper off the back..but since it has already kind of been altered it doesn't really matter does it? Would it be better to take them apart again? I don't know I get sentimental about these things.....I think it need to be turned into what it was originally supposed to be ..a quilt that should be loved....and I would consider a collaboration between me and two strangers.

The other pictures are of blocks....I am assuming old shirts....I will eventually turn this into a quilt for sure...just not sure what the dates would be...all hand pieced.

But what a gift she gave me...

Blessings!

Back of quilt...newspaper pieces
[ATTACH=CONFIG]248996[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-248990.jpe   attachment-248991.jpe   attachment-248992.jpe   attachment-248993.jpe   attachment-248994.jpe  

attachment-248995.jpe   attachment-248996.jpe   attachment-248997.jpe