View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 12:12 PM
Maryde118

I found some fabric with dragonflies all over it that I loved so I took one and enlarged it to make a template for these dragonflies. I also added flowers, leave and vines on the edges that were fused down applique and then a small blanket stitch around each piece. At the top is the name of the child who will recieve it but since that won't be until Christmas, I can't reveal it now. LOL This was a very fun quilt to make. I will put the printed dragonfly fabric on the back and bind it with the same purple as the sashing. I just am not sure how to quilt this. I don't do very well at stippling and am at a lost as to how to start the quilting. Can I get some suggestions? Sending it out to have it quilted is not an option.

Funny thing about this quilt...when we saw the fabric, we thought it was butterflies until I was halfway finished with the quilt top and was showing it to my sisters and brother. They all said it was dragonflies so I had to change my mind concept on it. LOL I like it no matter what the bugs are!! Thanks for your help!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-249090.jpe   attachment-249091.jpe   attachment-249092.jpe