Old 06-19-2009, 04:23 AM
Feathers

QuiltsWithDogs:
How wonderful that you are going to the shelters to find your NEW BEST FRIEND. We lost our granddog about 2 years ago. Our kids outgrew her so she came to live with grandpa & grandma. We had her for 9 years and she was the BEST DOG we ever had in our lives. She was an 11 pound mini-Schnauzer. They don't shed, they are small, needs a haircut about every 3 months, easy to bathe in the sink or bathtub and Schnauzer's have a wonderful disposition. They love everyone, love cuddles, don't do too much barking and are very, very smart. Just a suggestion for the breed we loved.

There are breed rescue organizations all over the place to help you find just the dog you want, also. Check these places out on the Internet or on PETFINDERS.com if the 2 dogs you are considering don't happen to work out for you. My friend had 3 Maltese...wonderful babies but pretty high maintenance. She had to brush and comb their hair (they don't shed, either) a couple times a day, put hair clips in their bangs to keep the hair out of their eyes, weekly bathing and just lots of things that I thought I probably wouldn't have time to do when I was working and now that I'm retired, I'd rather quilt than comb hair! :lol:

Because Dresden Plates are my favorite quilt blocks, how out "DRESDEN" for a name. Easy, probably better for a little boy dog than a girl but what the heck!