Old 08-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Little RoO

Originally Posted by fluffynan
Hi Little Roo, nice to speak to someone from the UK.
thanks for your reply. Having been researching madly and getting more scared about having to digitize as although happy using computer, this digitizing sounds a bit daunting. Have you found it easy to understand? Money being a bit tight have thought of the Janome 200e or 350e, if I can persuade DH that I really could use it. I would like to be able to make words rather than just 2 or 3 letters. Is that possible without digitizing? Can you tell I don't know what I am talking about :?:
Hi.....Also nice to hear from someone else in the UK.... Firstly I don't digitize...have had a few goes at it and have to say I thought it takes far too much learning than I was prepared to give time to. Saying that there are millions, and I mean millions of designs available on the internet and you should be able to download something you like.
I use Embird and Sew What Pro as my two software programmes, far cheaper than the software you are encouraged to get from a manufacturer....quite a lot of people use the same....software can be upto about £1000 so make sure you get exactly what you need....you can PM me for more info if you like and I will give you my number if you want to chat.
As for the machines I think both the 200 and 350 by Janome are good...the difference being maximum size of embroidery that you can do and more bells and whistles....personally I would go for quite a big hoop size.....then you have to consider the cost of threads, backing etc....it isn't a cheap hobby...again if you send me a private message I will reply with my number and try and help with info....speak soon