Old 08-30-2011, 06:48 PM
KastleKitty

Merry, I am new to the lingo. What is LQS? And I want to do a search on the board. I would like to find some of the beadwork you are talking about. I don't know if a search is something that can be done or not. It is difficult for me to find my way around the board right now because I am not familiar with this format. This is my first board and I usually don't do any communication over the net, only do searches and look at sales sites and some sewing blogs. Never join them. You hear so much bad stuff on the news about the internet! I have never seen any of the EQ programs at all. I have no idea how they work. It is on my wish list though. I just saw it written somewhere on an applique site that EQ7 was good for making up applique patterns.

Cross stitch is something I can't seem to be able to do very well. I have done very small pieces and grasp how to do it, but the counting and keeping everything straight mentally is difficult and I am very slow at it. I can't imagine trying to do 18" blocks! You must have an intricate mind!

I have a digital camera, but don't have much experience using it yet. I will try to take some pictures and upload them. You have been on the board for a while. How do I find pictures you have uploaded? I would like to see some of your work. I am also curious if you turn under your applique or use the WonderUnder method. I use WonderUnder and blanket stitch around most of my applique and it has a folksy kind of look to it. I found a circle quilt I want to play around with and I think it needs under turning. But it is embellished with lots of embroidery floss! That will keep me happy! (I love buying that stuff! Standing there and looking at all the colors! LOL !) Needleworkers are funny people! LOL

I sent you a private email because I wanted to send you a PDF I got free with some applique patterns in it. I don't know if it is possible. I see the file attachment just below, but is it wasted effort? I have no idea how you could retrieve it. I don't even know if it will go through email, do you?

Vintage leaf quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]249369[/ATTACH]

Dianthus from vintage wallpaper
[ATTACH=CONFIG]249370[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-249364.jpe  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Attachment-249363.pdf (3.56 MB, 244 views)