Thread: We have lights!
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 08:18 PM
oldbalt99

Irene came up the east coast and hit Baltimore city as if it were on the water. Tens of thousands in the city were with out lights and were told it would be as long as six days before it would be corrected. I didn't get the flood, the house withstood the wind that knocked down a strong tree on a house behind me. At 5:30 am sunday we lost electricity in a four block radius. First we heard it would be corrected by midnight. Midnight passed, and ugly roumors on the block was that it would be 9/02/11 before we got relief. Being well versed on power failure, my granddaughter and I put fresh batteries in the three camping lanterns, my arm band am/ fm radio, and portable cd player. To make them last I found my candles and used them for myself. We had water, and a working gas stove. It's the food in the freezer that worried me.
Yesterday I called around city services for dry ice, [they issued some in a past situation]. This time they were issuing just regular ice, but I'm not complaining. We got five bags of ice, and my daughter put it in the deep freezer at 6 pm. At 7pm I heard someone yell outside my window that we had lights. I checked, and sure enough the electricity was on.
Thanks for caring about us, and sorry that I am just able tocatch up with my reading.