View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 08:06 AM
Favorite Fabrics

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

I don't know where their warehouse is; they don't have that info on their website and I've never paid attention to the return address label on the boxes they send us.

All I know is that it is along the Passaic River, which is in New Jersey and flows by Newark and Paterson.

Our orders apparently did not make it before the flood. They would have been here by now if that were the case.

I e-mailed my contact at Andover and will share what his response was:

Yes it is truly tragic what has been going on as a result of the overflowing and flooding of the Passaic River. All the lives lost and all the people displaced from their homes. And yes our fabric is among the victims but we will get through that one way or another. At this point we have no idea what the extent of the damages are since we cannot even get near the facility as it is completely blocked off by police etc. It is a dangerous situation there. It will not be until the waters recede that we will be able to determine anything however our hopes are not too high as the flooding was extensive.

Just as soon as we know more we will be able to let everyone know about current goods there. But we have already placed massive reorders to replace the major programs that we have for delivery this time of the year and we anticipate no matter what, to begin reshipping somewhere around the middle of October. It will take weeks to clean and sanitize the warehouse etc.

We all need to hang in there and get by this obstacle. Andover will be around for a long, long time and we are not going to let this stop us in any way from bringing the market the great product that we create.

So it does not sound like they will let quilters in to scavenge the warehouse. Sorry, folks!