View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 04:07 PM
GailG

Originally Posted by katz_n_kwiltz
we have a group that meets at our quilt shop once a week, and the quilt shop owner decided to buy us all a line of fabric the turquoise one says friends, precious gems etc, and the rest of the fabrics were sew awesome, we all make a block for one another for christmas so we can all make a friendship quilt, there are 11 of us in the group, so we make 12 blocks, we all get 1 from everybody, heres mine
This is a great block. Of course, the aqua is my favorite color. My first quilt was done this way. A group of staff members from my elementary school got together and made 13 blocks. I had no idea what I was doing. Didn't know that blocks had names, etc. Well I bought several pieces of fabrics that I thought would go in a quilt. Made a horrible block, but it was colorful. The day we exchanged blocks was so much fun. Then one of the real quilters in the bunch made her quilt and brought it to school, then another did the same. I just had to do mine, so I made two extra of my blocks, found something for sashing that would pull everything together and even did cornerstones. By this time I was finding books on beginning quilting. It turned out to be a nice lap quilt. We are still using it and it gets washed often. Many grandbabies have had their naps on it. I was hooked and still am today.