View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 04:57 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

My boyfriend is so cute sometimes. This is almost as cute as the first time he took me to a quilt shop and I had to explain what “jellyrolls” and other various baked good named pre-cuts were after he asked me what I was checking out.

Joe calls me today and leaves me a voicemail about how on his way back from dropping his son off at his ex’s place that he passed by a sign about a “quilt shop that was opening soon”. Of course I’m all excited so I call him back and ask details. He said, “Well…I can’t remember all the details…I think it was called JoAnn’s or something”. Apparently there’s a JoAnn Fabrics opening up by the Wal-Mart in Wisconsin Dells. I thought that was really sweet of him to think about me when seeing that sign, but I had to establish the difference between a quilt shop and a JoAnn’s.

“I know what JoAnn’s is. That’s really sweet of you to tell me that, but I’m not really interested in going. Most of the other ones I’ve been to have practically the same stuff. I’d rather go to a quilt shop.”

He was confused so I had to explain it in a way that his nerdy-ness could understand.

“Let me put it this way. The difference between a quilt shop and Joann’s is... like...*thinks for a bit* the difference between buying manga from a local comic book store versus a Barne’s and Noble. Or buying video games from Gaming Generations versus Game Stop. ...JoAnn’s is kind of like the Wal-Mart of fabric places.”

The analogy must have worked because he went “Ooooooooh!"