Old 06-20-2009, 06:21 AM
Butterfli19

I've always wanted to do something "else" with my life, and I thought that was to start a business but now I'm not so sure. I feel like there are so many out there that need help that what I should do should be of service to them and at the same time, beneficial to me. By beneficial I mean of use to them, worth my time (as far as for a reason) and bring in some extra money.

There are so many charities, non-profits, clubs, guilds, and regular people that quilt and sew for others and I think I would like to start something like this. Many of these are done for infants and kids and I wonder if doing something for the elderly would be a good idea. I think they would like lap quilts or dolls or stuffed animals or shawls, do you? The few times I've been in nursing homes I feel rather scared and intimidated. They are me in 30 and 40 years. I don't want to be lonely and feel like no one cares.

I would like your gut-instinct, honest opinion on this. Also, if you have any ideas or know where I could go to find out how to begin I would appreciate it.

Then I'll probably have more questions but the beginning is a good place to start.