View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 08:45 PM
scrapsgalore

Originally Posted by nhweaver
I just tried crumb quilting for the first time, I am addicted!!! It is like putting together a creative jigsaw puzzle made of fabric. I have 2 UFO's that have to be done soon, but I am a crumb quilt junkie right now. Is anyone else bitten by the crumb bug? I have been saying pieces of all the projects I have been doing for the past 20 years, extra blocks, sample blocks, strips, etc. I feel so creative doing this. Any body interested in doing a crumb block monthly exchange? I am doing 6" finished blocks. I feel so "green" too right now, keeping the scraps out of the landfill (like I could throw away fabric, duh).
I have been making these kinds of blocks since the "Mile a Minute" article came out in a magazine about ten years ago - have many of them done, trimmed to size, and when I want to make a quick quilt, just have to put them together with sashing or alternate blocks, or think up new ways to set them together. Have several versions in my Nursing Home Quilts on my QCA Blog, but I don't know how to set that up to show here. But an exchange would be fun, and I love this topic - these scraps and blocks have become my trademark over the years, and I still love it! Carolml