Old 09-01-2011, 04:55 AM
Lv2sew2011

Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal
Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Got a question for you swappers, if you were hosting a swap, and a new quilter joined your swap and you knew that the person was a new quilter and this quilter told you that he/she didn't know how to test fabric before he/she sent it, would you leave feed back like this (I would give a NEUTRAL instead of positive- submitted poly fabric- should of 'confirmed' prior to mailing fabrics.. However communication exceeded expectations..)????

And the new quilter said she was sorry more than once for the mistake?
I would never leave negative feed back that the public would see, especially for a new quilter. One sure fire way to lose what will someday be a great quilter! This is something that should have been handled by the swap host/hostess in my opinion.

When you enter into a swap you knowingly are aware that there are quilters of all skill levels. That being said not every item you receive will be 100% perfect. (doesn't mean that only new quilters make flubs either)

I have 2 rules I follow:
1. Always be gracious!
2. Only give advice when asked! (reason being we all arn't perfect)
What really upsets me over this mistake is, I went to Walmarts and looked only for 100% cotton, even though I have a pretty good stash I could of used. Here at the house but being new and relized I did purchase some of my fabric from garage sales and had no ideal how to test the fabric, I know now because I went and looked it up on the internet to see if she was making a mistake because I know that all the fabric I bought said it was 100% cotton, but I guess some was put on the wrong package because I did test some of the fabric melted and didn't burn. And another thing this lady said that she had a lot of people send her blends, if I was in charge of the swap I would of just swap fabric with those that sent blends instead of cotton easy fix since she had tested all the fabric was sent...and she said she had others send in cotten blends...This is getting long...LOL so I'm gonna stop here but you get the ideal...I always wonder why they wanted you to send a piece of the fabric attached to the baggy...now I know....