Old 06-20-2009, 12:48 PM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

Go to the local library, the library meeting rooms are free to the public. Find a day that the room is available once a month and book it. Put up notices everywhere of sew group forming, beginners welcome. Put the time and day. I did this for a sewing group and had no idea if anyone would come. But they did. We have 40 plus in the group now and we have moved to a bigger free room in the community center. I did the same with a knitting group. I wanted to learn to knit so I put up notices everywhere and 8 people showed up. We learned how to knit all together, some knew a little about it and one lady did know how to knit. We still meet once a month and during the summer we have the kids and grandkids learning how to knit.
Through other women I met through these groups I have joined a quilt guild, Friends of the Library, Home Ext. Homemakers, volunteer for the crafts/sewing state fair, and helped arrange a plant swap. I want to be out doing something fun for me and others. All it takes is some time and a little effort to have some extra interest in life

Also here is somethiing very important. Go to any group meeting you are interested in and raise you hand one time to volunteer to do something. You will never have a free time after that to think about feeling in the dumps. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: