Old 09-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Katia

Hi, just thought I would show you what I have been doing the last week . I have quilts I should finish, but this was too fun.

The first dress is made from a Connecting Threads fabric collection called Sips of Summer. I ordered a set of fat eighths to use for a quilt with appliqued birds. I had bunches left over so I thought I would try and mix them up into a little dress. My daughter has been sending me links from Etsy of little dresses that she likes, and most are rather Bohemian in nature. So I thought this might work. I chose a bodice pattern and then just added the skirt, easy peasy. Or should have been. The bodice I chose was too short so I had to add that yellow horizontal stripe. My sis says it looks fine that way.

The second outfit is a Lila Tueller pattern and fabric. I have fallen in love with all her stuff. The pattern is not really for the faint of heart, but it isn't too terribly hard. I am thinking about getting a long sleeve T shirt and adding a ruffle so she can wear it all year. Idea? Chloe wears hats all the time. She is very fair and has super light hair so she needs them. Luckily she loves them so Gramma is happy to make them.

The last dress is for my daughter. She needs new clothes for her job, so this was fun to make for her. She will wear it with belt most likely. It is hard to make clothes for someone long distance so I am lucky to have a dress form. Poor thing is very old, but still functional. My younger daughter named her Funquita, not sure why or where it came from but that is her name. I used it a lot when I made my oldest daughters wedding dress. And luckily it is still close to the right size.

Well, back to quilting.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-250047.jpe   attachment-250048.jpe   attachment-250049.jpe