Old 09-01-2011, 01:11 PM
irishrose

I'm back from the doctor. My blood pressure is very low so I probably should give up my blood pressure meds, but the same med has an ingredient to suppress my heart arrhythmias, so I can't give it up. I need to see my internist, but I hate changing meds.

MJ, I am so sorry that you have received such a serious diagnosis. Prove them wrong, my friend.

I was born with a defective heart and have had four major heart attacks - the first when I was 5 years old. I also have congestive heart failure, MVP, stenosis of the aorta, another syndrome and arrhythmias - as high as 240 beats a minute, but it all pales in the face of anything to do with lungs. I, too, will pray for you.

It's very warm outside and I have Dairy Queen coupons in my purse. You'll be proud of me. I resisted for today. "Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels" got me past DQs here and in a neighboring town. That and knowing I lost a pound yesterday.

Looking on the Internet yesterday, I came upon a Gary Null video. He said any change you do for your health is a two step process. 1) Step away from what you have been doing and, 2) Step toward what you need to do. Okay, makes sense to me.

It's time to put my goal on the calendar. 3 pounds - the one leftover from my gain last month and 2 new ones. Note to self: Eat healthy and keep moving.