Thread: Peach Pie
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 02:56 PM
lynndianne

I found a great recipe for peach pie. Pie making is not my forte but it turned out wonderful. For those of you that can't have sugar you could probably use Splenda.

Grandmother's pie crust recipe:

For 2 crust pie:

2 C all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 C shortening (Crisco)
1/3 ICE cold water

Sift flour and salt together. Cut in shortening with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle water slowly into mixture. Combine ingredients with hands, working quickly to form a ball. Divide into 2 parts, trying not to handle it too much. With floured hands, turn onto floured surface (I used floured wax paper) and roll into a circle (approx. 14" diameter). With a knife, cut decorative slits in the "top" crust. Fold crusts into 1/4's to easily transfer to pie pans.

Grandmother's Peach Pie:

9 peaches - peeled and thinly sliced
1 1/2 C sugar
8 dashes cinnamon
5 dashes nutmeg
1 dash salt
1 tsp vanilla
3 T. flour

Fold above ingredients together and pour into 9" pie shell. Divide 2 Tbsp. butter into small pieces and place on top of filling. Cut steam slits into top crust and place over filling. Crimp edges. Divide 2 Tbsp. butter into tiny bits (again) and place on outside of top crust, then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.

Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then turn oven down to 350 and back for another 30-40 minutes until golden.

Enjoy

Lynn :lol: