View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 06:06 PM
TheSevenYearStitch

My beloved Bernina 1005, Matilda is back home! After a tune-up, she's running like a champ again, and I've still got both my arms and legs!

While she was out, I hauled out my Brother Embroidery and Sewing Machine (SE-350), even though I was without Matilda for less than a week. The embroidery on my Brother pooped out on me at Christmas, smack-dab in the middle of my projects, and I haven't been able to get it to work since. To be honest, I hardly tried. The stitching was all wonky, horribly loose on top and waaaay too tight on the bottom. As I recall, it seemed to me at the time that the bobbin thread was coming out on top and vice-versa. Well, the other day, I changed out the presser-feet and set it up so my MIL could sew while she was visiting. When I sat down to sew, however, I found that the fabric was puckering up something awful! I checked the thread tension and it was set on FOUR! At first, I wondered what the heck was wrong with my MIL, but then it dawned on me: Maybe that's why it pooped out! So, I fixed the tension and it's embroidering just perfectly.

What's that, the holidays are coming soon? BRING IT!!!