View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 06:07 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Eddie - when you make it look out for the colour values of your medium and light. I messed up - all the medium value small triangles would look better to the middle! The braid effect would stand out better. :D

Thanks everyone for your kind comments!
When you make the Bostons just make sure your medium is on the right and you will come out fine. You can put the med on the left for a differant look.
When you choose your values it works great if your dark is a lot darker than your med. and your med should be about half way value wise between your dark and your light. I tend to favor lights that have a white background or a very pale color background for this reason. It makes the contrast between the three very sharp and crisp and the design pops out.

K you did a great job! Getting the idea of making and putting the Bostons together into a bookmark is the most important part and you did good!!
The color values is a personal decision and a lot of people don't use the deep contrast I like in my work. I just think it is more important for minis because you have a smaller canvas to work with.

Happy playing with the Bostons everyone!