Rhonda
Power Poster

Koolaid Playdough

2 1/2 cup flour
1/3 c. salt
3 T. oil
2 c. water
2 unsweetened koolaid pks
I use 2 of the same flavor. You can experiment with mixing if you like. It doesn't matter.

Put all ingredients into a saucepan and cook over med heat. It will start to get thick and it will form a ball. Just keep stirring all the time and it only takes a few min to ball up.

Take the ball out of the pan(it will be hot!) and knead it like breaddough.
As soon as it cools enough I divide it and give portions to the kids to let them help knead it. You may see streaks of flour so the kneading will work it all into an even consistancy. It is really warm and the kids get a kick out of the warmth.

I make several colors with differant scents. The koolaid gives it a great smell ( not always real strong but still there)
This is a great sensory experience for kids!

Use cookie cutters and rolling pins. Or run cars over it for a neat design. I give them butter knives and straws to make holes in their creations. Straws make great eyes when they poke a hole in the dough. Play scissors and toy dishes give them a creative experience also. They love to "cook" with the playdough
Any playdough that hits the floor gets taken away!

I store them in plastic baggies. They last quite awhile.

I also have recipes for making peanut butter playdough as kids like to eat things-Finger paint-Silly putty and puffy paint- and salt dough. This is nontoxic play.

If you like you can add cinnamon instead of koolaid and either way you can make things in the playdough and let them set on a cookie sheet til they dry. We have made Christmas ornaments this way. My kids love to make animals and let them dry to take home. It takes several days for it to dry. Or you can dry them in a 200 degree oven. They sometimes look a little cracked but that just adds to their charm!