View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 05:41 AM
sguillot

Please don't get discouraged. One day things will just click. I thought I would never be good at it and I still have a hard time picking colors. I take as many classes at my LQS as I can but some things are just out of my league and know if I try them I will really be upset like the Judy Neimeyer paper piecing. I signed up for a class, bought the pattern and as I was reading it I realized it was just to much money to start and probably not finish so the quilt shop owner was kind enough to refund my money for the class which was $l25.00 then the pattern was $35.00 and was going to cost almost $300.00 for the fabric as it was going to take many yards. I am very glad I didn't stress myself to do it. Just do what you feel comfortable doing and don't worry about it. One day you will do something and can't believe you did that. So tough it out a while longer.
Originally Posted by foxxigrani
I h ave been trying like you for yrs. it just doesn't get any better and I challenge myself all the time. I can't sew a straight line, and if or when I ever get a scant 1/4" seam you will hear me all the way to the east coast. I am careful when I cut, do all the right things have even taken several on going classes. I guess I am just not going to ever be much better than I am right now. I am so discouraged.

Rita