View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Loretta
Thanks Rhonda! You are super to share this! I will have to make it next time the little grandsons come from St Louis. They would love to watch it all come together too.
You're welcome Loretta I learned to do this when I went to work in The Owl's Nest Day Care center several years ago. It has stood up to the test of time. It is easy to do and lasts pretty well. One recipe I have uses food coloring instead but I have had some not so great experiences with food coloring!! It can stain your hands. :evil:
I used food coloring in cool whip for the 4th of July at Day Care one time. I had strawberry shortcake so thought I would be smart and tint the cool whip blue. The only problem was everyone(over 60 kids and teachers) had a blue face and tongue for the rest of the day!!!!!!! It was funny!!! but I never did that again!! :mrgreen:

Another recipe I have uses 2-3 T of cream of tarter to make it last longer but I don't use it. I just keep the playdough in the fridge. The salt is enough of a preservative in my opinion.