View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 10:44 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Thanks Rhonda - I'm sure you're right, I'll be happy when I next go round there if it's stuck in his book! You'd think after 44 years I would have learned not to be so sensitive to it! Hans saw I was a bit quiet and said 'it's four hours work, you know, Colin' (I don't think it DID take me that long :lol: !) But he still didn't say anything - just left it lying on the table where he'd dropped it. He barely glanced at the back where I'd hand embroidered 'Happy Father's Day' and my name and the date. Yeah, I'm upset - I'm an idiot - must be hormonal! :D
No you're not an idiot! I am 53 and still find myself trying to get my mother's approval. I showed her a primitive cabinet I just bought and how I had arranged it unconsciously waiting for approval and all she said was oh so you decided to put it there instead of in the bathroom huh? When I go in her house I'm expected to "gush" over every arrangement she has moved but getting a good comment from her is just not something to be expected! Yes it does hurt. We have talked about it at length and we are just never on the same wave length! She is an A personality (everything has to be perfectly arranged at all times!)and I am a slob(I'm a quilter after all! housework doesn't exist!) Oh well! I can deal with it most of the time but it still zings at times! Seems like she is always critical of me.
Cheer up he will use it! You'll see! If it is laying handy he will grab it when he needs something to mark his page! I'm sure he loves you!
My dad has been gone since Dec 1990( he was only 60) and he and I were two sides of a coin. I miss him each and every day. So glad you still have your dad! I know it would be nice to hear some approval but I'm sure he shows it in other ways!