View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Barb44

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
WOW Doghousemom!! YOU are the brave one! - I am taking "baby steps" The Next trip might be Dodge CIty Kansas - anyone been there? I always wanted to go - am a fan of Gunsmoke. DH said he would like to see it "someday", but ya know - that "someday" never becomes NOW. I will take a break here and if I don't have my foot surgery - just might go by October. YOU, tho, are a really brave woman!
I go to dog shows. There is only one a year in my county :)

The Billings trip was a combination dog show/visit brother/scatter my husbands ashes in Hells Roaring Canyon near Bear Tooth Pass.

I enjoy driving. I plug my iPod into my car and listen to books or music. The time really passes. I even got brave enough to see exactly how fast my Ford Windstar van was willing to go (loaded with 2 dogs, crates, grooming table, and assorted equipment) along a stretch of I90 somewhere in the middle of SD while I was counting "Wall" billboards (lost count after 150+).

Top speed.

I had a tail wind :)
So did you go to Wall Drug? It's a tourist trap but I always have to stop. I remember when it was one small building with a plaza out back with the free ice water. Now it covers and entire block or more.

I envy you girls. I would love to take off on my own and stop where I want to, but DH would have a fit. Who would feed him? I have driven to Kansas City several times on my own, but no farther than that.