Old 09-02-2011, 07:17 PM
DogHouseMom

Hello. My name is Sue and I'm a Fabriholic.

(pause for group response of "Hi Sue!")

I hope this isn't a 12 step program because I have ADD and by the time I get to step 5 I'll see something shiny and forget about steps 6 - 12.

Have only been quilting/collecting fabric for about 4 years. During that time I've amassed a decent stash. Within my stash are a myriad of prints, colors, batiks, solids, toners ... I have everything EXCEPT novelty prints and holiday fabrics (any holiday). Neither of these have ever interested me. I am quite happy with my stash. Most of my stuff are fabrics that I purchased just because (just because it was pretty, and just because it was on sale). This includes about 50 yards of various batiks from Hancock's of Paducah when I went to the quilt show. Can you say Nirvana???

So ... I'm going to commit to this. The ONLY fabric I will allow myself to buy for the remainder of 2011 are novelty prints and holiday fabrics!!

I am just finishing a landscape quilt, binding and label only to go. Also in the works is an "Omigosh" that I started last November, but put it aside when the landscape quilt (a wedding gift) became a priority. The "Omigosh" will be the first quilt I make for ME. All my others have been gifts. I have all the fabric I'll need, including backing, binding, and batting.

After that .. I have enough ideas and fabric to keep going well into 2012.

My last fabric purchase was ... last weekend :( I went to town to get bobbin thread to finish the landscape quilt. I buy my thread at a Vac & Sew, they don't sell fabric (but I did Ooooh and Ahhhh the Bernina 830LE). However, directly across the street is my favorite LQS. The good news is that I FINALLY found panels for a fracture that I've been itching to do (the only thing that comes close to what I would consider a "novelty" print in my stash).

While I'm at it, I really need to start dieting as well. I need to look good .... well "good" is a stretch ... I need to look like I don't need to be pushed back into the water when I hit the beach in Jamaica in October.

So here I go on my journey. I'm committed. Or should be.

Sue