Old 12-06-2007, 12:32 PM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

Originally Posted by k_jupiter
One other thought... Does the bobbin go in the same way on both machines? My Bernina and Elna both have the thread go opposite the way it finally comes out, but when I did the ex's machine (a Singer) that way for my daughter one evening, what a mess it made.
On the Elna, the only time I got lots of top thead living below the plate was when I was using crappy thread and it filled up the bobbin area with fuzz, making everything go Kafloooy (highly technical term).

tim in san jose
No. They are VERY different.
THe new machine (that is now in TN) is fairly simple to thread the lower bobbin. All you have to do is take a little plastic piece off in front of the feed dogs. The bobbin lays in there horizontal, you pull out some thread in a little groove until it reaches the cutter. It cuts itself off at the right length...plastic plate goes back on, and that's it!
The upper thread has a cartridge you put the spool in and run your thread around in the proper grooves on it...then, push it into the machine, and it automatically threads the needle...and this upper needle threader is what broke and caused me to have to ship it away for repair.