View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 03:48 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by kewlquilts
I'm just sick about what I think I did last week. I put a quilt top and backing (just needed batting!) in a plastic bag in my van to drop off at the quilter. Didn't end up going, and left bag in the van for return trip. Guess what? I can't find the bag with the top and back and I think I may have tossed it! I feel so sick! :( Not just at the money I've lost, but at the loss of a gift for my brother. I keep praying it will turn up. Has anyone else done anything like this? I will NEVER EVER EVER put a quilt in a plastic bag from a discount store! I feel like I left a kid at the mall. Thanks for letting me vent!
When I first moved into this house, the seller paid to have a water treatment system istalled. I was left with a wonderful package of the manual and lots of maintenance info. Long story short, went to sit down a few days later and read it. Couldn't find it. Only thing I could ever figure out is that it had gotten mixed in with the newspapers and put out with the recycling. Fourteen years later and never found it. That was $2500 worth of info. Now when I put anything away I use a clear plastic bag instead of trash bags or store bags. Am always afraid of doing what you did. I sure hope you find it. I also try to keep my auto free of trash so things like that don't happen.