Old 09-03-2011, 04:27 AM
KastleKitty

I remember the white sales when I was a child! They were a really big thing. Now it does not seem the same anymore. I don't really know why. Maybe it is because we are bombarded with ads all the time. And the sales in January are not limited to linens anymore. Life has changed a lot!

I like shopping instead of ordering from the internet. I have only ordered things twice and both times got burned! But my local area is limited as far as shopping goes. And I hate having to go so far to shop. That is probably why I use free patterns from the net or make my own. I find the same to be true about the pricing. Going and picking it out at a store is much cheaper than ordering it. I think you pay top dollar when you order things and then there is the postage and handling.

I discovered AllPeopleQuilt just before I got DSL. I am on their mailing list. I have it marked to go and download some of their free patterns! I did see the pillowcases there. They have that "roll it up" pillowcase pattern where you pull the case out of the sleeve of the hem. I thought that was clever!

I was planning on working on clearing up my table in the sewing area this weekend. (And my machine is piled up too!) It doesn't look like I will make too much progress. It was a scorcher yesterday and predicted to be hotter today. I have a hard time in the heat. The sewing room is the hottest in the apartment since it gets all the sun. My AC is going out and I am trying not to use it until I can get it repaired. And I am having trouble with my back and shoulder. I will do what I can and not worry about it! ttyl, Kitty