Old 09-03-2011, 05:41 AM
redeagle

About a month ago the discussion was about dogs' ear infections, especially floppy-eared dogs. Several people mentioned that they feed their dogs "Taste of the Wild" dog food which is gluten free and have had fewer infections. Someone also mentioned the word "allergies." My story: My German Shepherd, age 8 has terrible allergies to the point where she chews her feet to pieces. They actually bleed and she also has quite frequent ear infections. We are the third owners. The first two sets of owners tried every combination of dog food that their vets suggested and we did also and nothing seemed to help in the least.

After reading this discussion on the Board I read all about Taste of the Wild food on the internet and decided to give it a try. After 2 days I tho't I noticed a difference, but then I was really trying hard to find a difference, but after a week there was no doubt that she was chewing and licking less. My vet was sceptical but after 6 weeks her feet have healed and her ears are clear. She still does some nibbling and licks her arms like a cat but I'm a believer!! After 8 years, this poor dog finally has some relief. I cannot thank the people of this discussion enough. You saved my dog!!!