View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 06:32 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Wow, I had a lot of reading to do so I could catch up. Lori, as always, thank you for your hard work. Glad the PT is working out.

I'm going to be sending out later in the month. I'm still not completely unpacked from our evacuation for Irene and to add to the merriment, the entire house is in upheaval. After visiting various neighbors who were flooded, I thought, "Gee, even with the mess, their houses are tidier than mine!" So I started tossing.
First the sofa, which was uncomfortable. Then a magazine rack that was lovely but a dust catcher. Next the coffee table that was nothing but a junk collector. Then pictures on the wall that I didn't really like. Then the rugs.

We live in a cottage built in 1922 and the floors are the original oak planks, but without a major sanding and staining and replacing of some of the splintery ones, the floor is a mess.
So ... I dragged hubby to Home Depot and we bought Allure planks in cherry wood. It's almost done and then the furniture can go back. YAY! Now I can just sweep up dog hair and threads in a snap. I told him I really wanted those slippers that serve as dust mops so I can skate across the floor and clean it up while getting some exercise!

Now if Katia will just blow out to sea, we'll all be very happy.