View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 07:37 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by schaffers
I think one of the most important things for someone to learn is to "Just Do It" Too many people are afraid that their work won't be perfect that they are afraid to try. I think this board shows that we all have to start somewhere. Most people that don't quilt won't know what it "should" look like. They simply appreciate your work. Just Quilt!
Oh, yes, I think this is very true... most quilt recipients are not the 'quilt police'!

I once took a FMQ class from someone who had us put quilt blocks together, etc. About 98% of us were exhausted by the time it came to FMQ and couldn't even stay. The kit she sold had beautiful fabric and it was cute design but, basically, it was a waste of time for learning to FMQ.

A recent class I took from Barbara Shapel.

http://barbarashapel.com/

She taught us about threads and needles she prefers and then demonstrated and then, walked around and coached us. We all came to class with a 45" fabric sandwich well sprayed basted and pinned (per her directions), and ready to go. I learned so much that day and felt it was very much worth my time and money.

I wish you the best. :-D