View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Donna H-M

Okay, for all of you who notice right away, I made the log cabin blocks backwards. The darks should be where the lights are. I never use patterns, my own fault. I was almost done 12 of the 24 blocks when I noticed and was sick about it. I didn't want to toss them and also meant repurchasing fabrics. Called my friend to whine about it and she said keep going, it will be fine. Thanks Freeda !!
This quilt is for my daughter-in-law, a birthday gift. The ladies at the quilt shop advised against the border print but she has primitive country décor in their home and thought this print made it more feminine. I made my son a quilt for Christmas but gave it to him in July and felt guilty that it was just for him and not her. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-134449-1.htm My father isn't doing well and couldn't wait since it has some of his shirts in it.
It's my second quilt trying FM. I SID around the lights, used a stencil in the middle, meandered on the darks, made curlys in the light, and stitched straight lines in the border (wanted to do big leaves but got scared..LOL). Also used the same backing and similar layout (barn raising) as my son's so they kinda go together. It's far from perfect but I'm happy with it and Lynne will love it and appreciate that I made it for her.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-250950.jpe   attachment-250951.jpe   attachment-250952.jpe