View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 07:36 AM
azam

Eleanor uses the bodkin and straw to turn flowers/ leaves. She uses the ball point on the bodkin to push out the seams from the inside, then uses the wooden iron to flatten them. She also has a great way of sewing the bias strips on to the background fabric without having to turn them right side out, she sews them right sides together to begin with. Pitts, here in California her show comes on three times a week on one of the religious channels. I receive it on channel 442, KNXT on Monday 1-1:30, Thursday 1:30-2, and Saturday 3-3:30. Of course all three shows are the same for the week so if you don't happen to catch it on one day you have two others to choose from. I hope that you're able to find Quilt in a Day with Eleanor in your area, I've learned a great deal from watching. This week she's finishing up the Grandmother's Garden Series. I would imagine a new series will begin with next weeks show.
Oh, by the way, I sew used dryer sheets instead of interfacing on my applique. I iron out the used dryer sheet, sew the fabric onto it right side facing the sheet, make a snip into the sheet and turn right side out. It's light weight and works well. I suppose that once you've turned it right side out that you could put some glue around the edges to glue it onto the background fabric to keep it in place if you wanted to. Hmmm, I might give that a try :wink: