Old 09-03-2011, 02:22 PM
deplaylady

How thick is that pad? From what I can see it is pretty thin? I like the idea of a grid. I noticed they recommend removing it when you are done using it.

I think my tables are cool but I think DH HATES them. They are everywhere... Joann had some rayon flame retardant stuff, Teflon and they had quilted Teflon - the quilted Teflon might be the cheapest since it is all together - I just don't know if I would like it to be quilted. I might like it smooth better but I don't know. I have a small piece of Teflon, a shrunk up old wool blanket and some upholstery fabric. I'm thinking I will start with just a pocket to put over that dropped end of the table then test it to see how it does with ironing heat/moisture. I sure don't want the laminate coming off.[/quote]

It's about the thickness of an ironing board cover. You have to remove it if you are going to fold up the table - it doesn't give do it would rip if you put the sides down. I like the grid marks, too. I looked at the quilted stuff at Joann's, but I had images of ironing quilting marks from the pad onto the stuff I was ironing.