Old 09-03-2011, 02:32 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by deplaylady

How thick is that pad? From what I can see it is pretty thin? I like the idea of a grid. I noticed they recommend removing it when you are done using it.

I think my tables are cool but I think DH HATES them. They are everywhere... Joann had some rayon flame retardant stuff, Teflon and they had quilted Teflon - the quilted Teflon might be the cheapest since it is all together - I just don't know if I would like it to be quilted. I might like it smooth better but I don't know. I have a small piece of Teflon, a shrunk up old wool blanket and some upholstery fabric. I'm thinking I will start with just a pocket to put over that dropped end of the table then test it to see how it does with ironing heat/moisture. I sure don't want the laminate coming off.

It's about the thickness of an ironing board cover. You have to remove it if you are going to fold up the table - it doesn't give do it would rip if you put the sides down. I like the grid marks, too. I looked at the quilted stuff at Joann's, but I had images of ironing quilting marks from the pad onto the stuff I was ironing.[/quote]

What do you think would adequately pad the laminated table for ironing? Nothing I can buy at Joann will fit it without some work.

We have RAIN!!!! Maybe the drought is over. Maybe it will cool off. It's been somewhere close to 100 out there - we took a day of R&R today.