View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Fixedgearhead

This is partially quilt related and partly off topic. The third floor of our house is the typical peaked attic garret, of starving artist fame. It was finished off when we moved into the house. The teen aged boy of the previous owner used it for his bedroom. Not having any children, we chose a different usage. It is my personal quilt display area. There is a constantly rotating display of my quilts, along one wall, along with a bookcase. This is the on topic quilting part of the post. The other pictures are of the north and west facing wall which show our personal meditation/Tai-Chi practice area. This is the off topic part of the post. But Wait. contained within the off topic part there is a quilting related section. In the third picture are shown 2 Tibetan quilted Meditation shawls with the Tibetan Endless Knot that I sewed and appliquéd to the surface of the quilted shawl. See how this all comes together if you wait long enough. I think I have burned the candle long enough today, so for now as George Burns would say, "Say goodnight Gracie" and she would reply, "Good night Gracie".
You had to have been there to appreciate it.
John
Attached Thumbnails attachment-251155.jpe   attachment-251156.jpe   attachment-251157.jpe