Old 09-03-2011, 05:06 PM
jljack

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by miriam
I've been giving something a lot of thought. I have 4 or 5 old Home Ec tables. They are huge. BUT what if I were to make a pad to fit across the whole top so they could be used to iron? They do take up a bunch of space but not as much as a table and an ironing board. A person could iron a large section of quilt with out shifting. A person could iron sitting down. If a person wanted to they could just flip up the end and iron. I would put a sleeve to hold it on the end that flops down. Then put a hang down scissors & pin holder on there. Any ideas how to use it with the machine UP - cut a hole for the machine? But what if you want the machine down - how would you fill the hole and keep the insert from shifting? If you only wanted to use half the table how would the pad stay on? I posted pics of the naked table. I saw a table like this on Ebay for $200 without a top to iron on. Those tables are tough. You could park a mac truck on one. They make good cutting tables too. That back flips over the top to cover the rest of the top, down and out of the way or up to make a big table.

That's a cool table!!! Be great for using when quilting large size quilts.
That it would!!