Old 09-03-2011, 05:22 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by miriam
now I'm posting double... I just have to tell you all what my DGD said. Today is her 7th Birthday. I call her "The Ever Practical Mercy" She is always very practical. Nothing wasted. She called and I sang Happy Birthday to her. We chatted. Then she says she is saving up money. I asked her how much she had so far. She says, "Well, 7 pennies, a dime and a quarter and 3 dollars." So I asked her what she is saving up for. She says, "A house." I asked her how much she needed. She said. "I don't know" Is it a doll house? "NO, grandma, it is a HOUSE!"
Oh MY!!! She certainly is very practical!!! LOL
Yeah she is. She tried to catch a squirrel once. She wanted to know what they tasted like. She likes her food. She isn't heavy or over weight but she likes food of any kind. We like to go to the Mexican restaurant and watch her suck the salsa off the chips. She started that before she was weaned. The waiters loved it. They bring a bowl of salsa just for her. Oh and when DD raised chickens for meat... I got a phone call, "Mom, can you do grief counseling???" "UH, what happened?" She hands the phone to the oldest GD.... "SNIFF, SNIFF, boo hoo, ALL my FRIENDS are DEAD. SNIFF SNIFF boo hoo....." ok... "What happened? SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF boo HOO..." Well, The Ever Practical Mercy grabs the phone. (She was 4 at the time) She says, "Dramma, a BIG DOG got in our yard and KILLED all our chickens. Daddy and Drammpa digged a BIG hole and HIDDED all of dem.... and we can't EAT any chickens." ok.... uh