View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 05:07 AM
JenelTX

I'm still working on my first quilt, which has been in progress for oh, six months or so now. :) Unfortunately, work gets in the way of my hobbies. I had originally planned to machine quilt because I wanted to get the quilt finished before the last of this year's Fool's Gold romances came out, since I got the pattern on the Fool's Gold website.

I quilted one straight line the vertical length of the quilt and one horizontal... and I hated it. I hated having the quilt all bunched up in the machine, and trying to turn the quilt was a nightmare. Last night, I ripped out those two lines of thread, and now I'm ready to start hand-quilting.

My plan is to quilt inside the colored triangles with white thread. Then I would like to quilt a heart on each of the red-and-white nine-patch blocks. I'm also going to do hearts along the all-white border. In the second picture, if you look closely at the individual block, you can see the pink heart I drew on the nine-patch.

My question is... Is there any danger in using red thread on white fabric? When I wash it, I'll use a color catcher, but will it bleed anyway? There's no way to prewash the thread. :) (At least, not that I've heard of... and I can't imagine re-spooling it. LOL

Land of Happy Endings Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]251248[/ATTACH]

Quilt block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]251249[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-251242.jpe   attachment-251243.jpe