Old 09-04-2011, 05:51 AM
Obsessed

Well, it is Sunday morning, so I feel the urge to post a PH block!

Here is Starlight. Only FOUR more blocks to go!!! I have one of those assembled and waiting for hand-stitching, so I can really see the light at the end of the tunnel now!

Originally Posted by jtquilts
Wow! Now that is a committment! I have hesitated working on the Dear Jane and the Farmer's Wife because I usually like quicker projects. Penny Haran's blocks are the right amount of #'s for me! I bought pre-cut leaves one year at a quilt show and I appliqued them to muslin squares and I got them out the other day to do something with them and I have enough for one HUGE quilt or at least two or more lap quilts.
I totally agree about the huge commitment. I am definitely not doing all the blocks in the book. The book gives instructions for a twin-sized version, and once you account for sashing and borders it uses only 48 blocks(as opposed to the 121 in the queen-sized quilt). I will do even less than that because my center heart medallion will take the place of probably 6 of those blocks. Even 40 of the blocks is a pretty good commitment - although they are done on the machine, and should take less time than the PH blocks. I got the book in and my daughter has been carrying it around looking at all the pictures. I think she is really going to enjoy seeing it come to life for her!

Starlight
[ATTACH=CONFIG]251267[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-251261.jpe