View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

I had several, but sold all the black ones. Kept a white one in a green case that was the only really good buy (in terms of price). I may eventually sell that one too. Most of the ones I purchased were about $300 ten years ago. Prices on them went up for awhile, but I think they've come down again with the current economy. I would shop around before spending $400 on a featherweight, especially if it doesn't come with a case and accessories.

I found that for sewing I much prefer my Bernina 1230 (needle up/down, for one thing). I don't do classes very often anymore and I always worry about damaging the featherweight if I take it to class. There are other newer used portable machines that sew just fine, so I will probably just take one of those with me if I ever take another class. (I've picked up a few machines here and there at thrift shops and fixed them up.)

My featherweight is stored in a good space next to a 301 in a case that I bought at a yard sale for $15. (!) Just haven't got up the gumption to part with those old machines yet.