View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 03:05 PM
MonnaL

DD and I are both off for the holiday, so we decided to drive to some other towns to shop for fabric. Not much open on Sunday, so I called all the Wal Marts around us (within an hour) to see if they had fabric. Most didn't, so I called our local one that is "supposed" to be getting fabric back in.

YES! They had it in!! YES! They have quilt fabric! *note to self - NEVER ask a male store associate if they have quilt fabric*.

When we got there, I almost cried. The new department is about 1/3 the size of the old one, and they had maybe 25 bolts of fabric out. ALL of it was sleazy, cheap, rough feeling stuff with a waxy coating on it. Or gauzy polyester carp that maybe you might want for a Halloween costume. That's the only use I can think of for that stuff.

On the upside - there were lots of empty shelves, and we were told they are slowing putting out fabric on the night shift. So maybe all is not lost. Another good thing - they had lots of thread, bobbins, etc. But those are the only nice things I can think to say about something that we have been looking forward to for months and months. :(

My daughter did buy a bundle of batik fat quarters, and she says they are as nice as what she has been buying at the LQS.

Keeping my fingers crossed that things improve. Would be nice to have another alternative in this town besides Hobby Lobby.