Old 09-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Barbm

went to the Joann's sale today. But I was a woman on a mission! Armed with 2 coupons, I found 3 yards of white flannel and 2 yards of Penn State fabric.

weird choices- not when I tell you what I will use them for, the flannel is the backing for "accordion wubbies"- my new designer covers for accordions. Hubby plays and so do many people I have found. I found out many people do not keep then in cases but cover them with a towel or plastic. I am making wubbies (blankets)- like an appliance cover- for them. I have 3 already ordered. I will pull from my stash to make the covers. I love the idea I can use up some of the batting leftovers I have- I keep them separated by size, this makes me happy! The only cost was the flannel!

The Penn State fabric will be for a cousin who is very special to our family. He just turned 50 last month, which is very special because he has Downs and has had health problems. My uncle told me he loves the quilts I make for the reunion fundraiser and every year wants to win it. I told him I would make him one for his bed. He loves Penn State football, so I was on a mission to get 2 yards to make a warm wishes twin size quilt for him. My sisters have offered to help me too.

So I really didn't fall off the bandwagon and now I have to get cracking on these projects!