View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 06:34 PM
seamstome

Several months ago I bought this book on machine piecing cathedral windows because I saw a couple of techniques I wanted to try. Now I am POSITIVE I bought the book because I can explain the basics of the technique and can picture the quilt I want to make. Of course cathedral windows require tons of fabric so I have been collecting fabric all this time. The Madison show is next weekend and I wanted to confirm I have everything I need so if I am short I can pick it up at the show at a decent price.

Can I find this book....no I cannot!

Now my house is not the picture of organization but I am a hoarder! I cannot find this book anywhere. I searched all 3000 sf on three floors plus the garage--my sewing room has been gutted and put back, I searched all three cars, I looked at both of my offices. NADA! I can only think of the attic or I loaned it to a friend.

I know that this happens to others, since today my GF gave me an adapter for my bias tape maker....she could not find hers needed it to finish a commissioned quilt and bought another one. I looked on Amazon and I can re-buy the book for 15 bucks. I am so tempted but know as soon as I do, the dang thing will show up!

Right now, I am going to stop looking and set the fabric aside as a UFO. I am not ready to cry uncle yet but if I haven't found it by Christmas, I will give.