View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 10:21 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by wyosue
This fabric is called Coming At You in 3-D by Hoffman. I have been making pillowcases for my Grandchildren using my pattern since 2007 and thought I have done pretty good choosing the coordinating fabrics. I have orders for pillowcases from ladies in town but one of the ladies does not want bright fabrics to go with the butterflies--well the butterfly fabric is bright. I made one using a yellow with white dots but I am not sure about the pink/peach small trim. Please let me know what you think. Anyway, I am posting photos--hope they come through.
I forgot to tell you that when you look through 3-D glasses the images pop right off the fabric--Really cool.

Okay, what about the green with yellow trim. I just laid it the green on top--not sewn yet.

For the butterflies I much prefer the pink with the blue trim over the light colors. Your fabric has several bright choices and in spite of the lady saying she didn't want brights, they are the most logical choices. Maybe try the blues and greens instead.

The lighter colors almost look like the color choices were just "make do" rather than chosen for the butterflies.