View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 12:53 AM
CorneliaVa

I know that this is steering us a little off-topic, but just curious:
Have you ever tried using old cassette or VHS tapes for crocheting mats? .... I have so many that I don't use any more but don't know how to dispose of them - I hesitate to add more to our landfill..... Do you think the tape has any chemicals that would break down and be hazardous if used for play mats for kids to use outside on damp grass? .... PM me if you prefer.

Originally Posted by raedar63
I would use anything that is avalible to me, that being said I use the same for myself and family. I am currently crocheting plastic sacks together for goodness sakes, so that shows you how un-picky I am lol.(In case you wonder they make wonderful mud rugs,mats to sit on outside , reusable grocery totes etc, they last a long,long time.)

I have steared away from many,many charities because they require certian " quality materials" Some do not have the luxury of an abundance of high quality fabric, and some of the posts I have seen before on this subject makes some feel inadequate to give from the heart....Remember it is what is in the heart that counts ....