View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 07:13 AM
Holice
Banned

Come on now.........we made quilts out of poly/cotton for years. As long as it makes a good quilt, use what you have. I would not use see thru fabric but if it is the same weight. I would not hesitate using the 80/20 available if it all was that fabric. They last forever
One time I sent a box of fabric to a group in Florida and in the box was some blended fabric. All the same weight and fabric I would have used. They would pay postage only for the amount that was not 100% cotton. Now you tell me what kind of chairity recepients do you find in South Florida.

Lets not be snobs about this issue. It has been disussed time after time. I appreciate the Alabama group as they will take any fabric that is suitable for chairity qulilts.

I assume those grandmothers always buy certified 100 ctton PJ's for their grandkids. Or 100% cotton in their pretty little dresses from The Gap or some other fancy shop.

It is time to rethink what we use in Chairity quilts. Use good fabric whatever the blend and do the best job you can. They are lovelingly abused and coer durmg cold nights and wrapped in during nap time and even put on the floor at school during gym.